Washing Your Hair System
Washing and Conditioning Your Hair System
Shampooing and conditioning your hair system is not like shampooing your natural hair, because rubbing shampoo into your toupee can cause the hair to tangle.
Here's our step-by-step method for giving your hair system a professional, tangle-free shampoo and conditioning. Our method can be performed either on a plastic head mold or while you're wearing your system in the shower.
To wash and condition your system, you’ll need:
- 2 Spray Bottles
- A Plastic Head Mold (you can purchase one from us if you don't have one)
- A Hair Brush
1. If you won’t be wearing the hair system while you wash it, tape the hair system to the plastic head mold, then use the brush to comb out any tangles.
2. Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of water and shampoo. Make sure the mixture is thin enough to spray effectively (Try a 50%/50% mixture).
3. Spray the shampoo/water mixture onto the hair system.
4. Comb the shampoo into the hair. Repeat the process as needed.
5. Rinse the shampoo out of the hair with lukewarm tap water. Comb out any remaining shampoo with the brush.
6. To condition the hair system, the steps are exactly the same. Begin by filling a spray bottle with a 50/50 conditioner/water mixture so the solution can spray easily.
7. Spray the conditioner/water mixture onto the hair system.
8. Then comb the conditioner into the hair. Repeat the process as desired.
9. Rinse the conditioner out of the hair with lukewarm tap water.
10. Whether you're wearing the hair system or it’s on a plastic head mold, use a towel to blot out (not rub out) the excess water. Comb and style the hair and let it dry. If you want to use a hair dryer, make sure it's set on a gentle setting and isn't too hot.